According to the technology of laying the floor terrace board, the material must be mounted on a flat prepared surface. Wood, concrete, or metal supports can be used as a base. It is forbidden to install the material on sand or soil due to the instability of the base. For installation work on an area with uneven terrain, it is allowed to use screw piles, which are able to firmly fix the product.
It is necessary to lay the decking taking into account the recommendations offered by the manufacturer. Installation is carried out on logs, which have a step width of 40 to 60 cm. Floorboards are attached to the structure in an open or closed way, depending on the purchased screws. The installation of decorative panels is carried out with uniform gaps between the plates, which allow the canvas to shrink and also act as drainage holes.
The decking should not go beyond the edges of the base, as this can lead to damage to the canvas during operation. To achieve a presentable look, the ends of the coating are closed with finishing strips. For professional decking call deck builders in San Antonio TX.
The most critical shortcomings when laying the material are:
- no gap between the ground and the floor – the hole, which must be at least 10 cm, ensures air circulation and prevents damage to the canvas;
- non-use of protective rubber gaskets that are installed on the logs – such an error can lead to premature failure of terrace boards;
- poor water drainage system – with the accumulation of condensate and excessive moisture under the floor covering, the canvas is deformed;
- non-compliance with the technology of compensation gaps – the decking should not be mounted without seams, since the material tends to expand.
The advantages of decking
Since recycled natural materials are used in the production of flooring, such products fully comply with hygiene and sanitary standards. The coating can be used when arranging recreation areas since it does not have a negative impact on the environment and human health. A number of advantages can be noted in decking that distinguishes it favorably from alternative materials:
- availability for additional processing, ease of installation, and the possibility of piece replacement of panels;
- wear resistance – the flooring does not undergo deformation at an air temperature of -45 to +70 degrees, the decking does not crack and does not get wet under the influence of sunlight and moisture;
- resistance to damage – insects, and rodents are not afraid of decking, the material, thanks to grinding and processing with protective compounds, repels pests;
- increased moisture resistance – the floor material can be installed in open areas near pools and other bodies of water, the coating does not slip and does not deform;
- strength – when properly laid, the decking can withstand a pressure of 0.15-0.50 tons per square meter;
- versatility – decking can be laid on public beaches and private areas to equip playgrounds and recreation areas. The material goes well with natural stone, wood, and decorative tiles.
Installation of the canvas should be carried out by specialists using specialized equipment. The cost of the work may vary depending on the complexity of the project, the materials used, and the type of construction. If a solid foundation is required, the installation cost will increase.